Joy in the Artist’s Calling
About the Lesson
In this introductory video, Chen and Asante ask you to create your own artistic mission statement as a way of kickstarting your creative process. See below for downloadable learning standards.
- Watch the video
- Complete the assignment section
- Download the Lesson Standards to review more information about the lesson.
Watch and Learn
- Watch the video in which Soul Science Lab explores what “culture” means to them as individuals and a group.
- Note where Chen and Asante bring up specific parts of their lives that help to define their culture (for example, food, music, stories, clothing).
- Create your own brainstormed list of all the ways that you think about culture in your life.
- Talk to your family and friends to make sure you have explored all the possibilities.
- Be sure to write down the words or phrases that represent the different parts of your culture.
The file is available to download below.
01 Make a Joyful Noize Introduction.pdf